On this page you can find a full listing of the tutorials I have written related to Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
1. High Performance Python tutorials
Due to a strange twist of faith, most important machine learning libraries are accessible through this scripting language. In contrast to programming languages, the computational performance of scripting languages leaves to be desired as their focus goes rather to quick and easy implementation. In the tutorials below, I look for ways to mediate some of the inherent limitations of python.
- Parallel Python? Python was clearly not designed to perform calculations in parallel. In this post, I discuss how to make your python script perform calculations in parallel.
- Parallel Python in classes…now you are in a pickle. We consider parallelization using the multiprocessing library in combination with Object Oriented Programming.
2. Machine Learning with scikit-learn
Scikit-learn is currently one of the most used python libraries for creating machine-learning scripts.
3. Building Artificial Neural Networks (Object Oriented Fortran 2003)
- A simple Neural Network in Fortran.
- Creating animated gif images using gnuplot. (currently unavailable due to NDA)